My One Monthly Goal for February with Elm Street Quilts
The rest of February is looking super at Clever Chameleon. I have so many fun projects to work on that I might even manage not to go chasing too many quilted squirrels this month. Here’s some of the things that will be holding my focus:
- we will have another, closer look at the 70273 Project and what I am doing to contribute. This will be a scrap/destash project.
- Yellow Bears are all the rage in my sewing room at the moment for the Beary Colourful BOM in March. I don’t work with pure yellow or green yellow as a general rule. So I don’t really have a yellow stash suitable for March. So – I justified a few small purchases for this project 🙂 Yay!
- The Regatta Quilt is coming along nicely, I finished the backing last night. I would like to have it pinned ready for quilting by the end of the month, but I’m not setting this as my one monthly goal, as it matters little whether this happens just yet. No pressure remember!
Island Batik Ambassador News
- There are two projects coming up for the Island Batiks Ambassadors this month. Have you heard of Galentine’s Day? No?!! I hadn’t either. I think it is a Parks and Recreation show fan-cult-following thing that is seeping into mainstream American culture. I’m not sure – are American ladies embracing this new unofficial celebration on Feb 13?. Perhaps if you know more about this day and how popular it is or isn’t, you can comment and let this poor Aussie know all about it. Please?! Anyway, I have something a little bit tongue-in-cheek planned for you on this theme mid-month.
- The second project from the Island Batik Ambassadors in February is called “Mini Love”. All the Ambassadors will be sharing a mini quilt of their choice featuring Island Batik batiks with you during February. I’m looking forward to this and the Galantine’s Day project to kick of the Island Batik Ambassador year.
But on top of these major projects I have something else I need to conquer. It’s not a big thing. Which is why months keep going by without any progress on it. Important but not urgent, you know? So let’s make it “urgent” as well as important, shall we?
Do you remember when I said that one of my UFOs only needs the binding finished on it? And that this wasn’t worthy of a monthly goal? Well, of course it still hasn’t happened. And I have several other quilts that have needed labels added for a very long time.
So, my One Monthly Goal for February is…….
a job lot, so to speak. I am going to finish the little niggly jobs on a bunch of quilts. I will finish the binding on a child’s space-themed quilt. And label it. And I will label 3 other quilts, and pre-make the label for my daughter’s Regatta Quilt. Because, If I am going to make labels, it is far less mental effort to do them all at once than organise them one at a time. So one binding, and 5 labels. That is my February OMG for Elm Street Quilts.
Come set your own One Monthly Goal
I am adding my link to Elm Street Quilts today. Come join us and get some extra incentive to knock of those quilty jobs that never quite make it to the top of your list. There are prizes……. 🙂
P.S. Have you checked out all the new blog posts on the blue stop of the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge Hop List yet? Lots of people like blue…. so I am hoping the Color Challenge will be even bigger and better this month.
The winner of last month’s Color Challenge draw for linking up a red project was mckngbrdlee who posted via instagram. Congratulations!
I’ll leave you with a few more reader’s Red Bears from January, and the first guest Blue Bear to appear on my facebook page for February (yup, Kim was done and posted within 2 days of getting the pattern!).
Aren’t these bears all marvellous?
If you have bears, I’m sorry, there is no cure, but you can share them via email: dione @ cleverchameleon dot com dot au
or Instagram: @CleverChameleon
or on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CleverChameleon.com.au/
Hope I’ll be seeing yours soon!